Pink The Desert 2018 Breast Cancer Awareness Drive
|Date||Fri, 19th Oct 2018|
|Start Time||14:30 (02:30 PM)|
|End Time||18:00 (06:00 PM)|
Internationally, October is known as the Pink Month, the month of Breast Cancer Awareness. A month to support breast cancer sufferers, charities, and remember those who have fallen victim to this disease.
UAEOFFROADERS in conjunction with The Rahma Cancer Patient Care Society is proud to announce the 9th Annual Pink Drive. Pink the Desert is a yearly event created to raise awareness for breast cancer a disease that surprisingly affects both ladies and men, at all ages.
If you are interested in:
- Showing your support for those battling this disease, those trying to find a cure,and remembering those who have sadly fallen to it.
-Learning a little more about it and how to prevent it.
- Having a fun day out in the great outdoors with your family and friends.
- Want to do the 'Right thing'
- Give something back to the community
- Experience the thrill of desert driving
- Enjoying a relaxing BBQ under the stars with friends
Come out, one and all:
- Dress up yourself and your Vehicle in pink, and support breast cancer awareness.
- There will be prizes for 3 best decorated cars and Best Dressed Woman and Man!!!!
- The drive caters for all levels of driver experience and offroad 4x4 vehicles.
- You will be led by Experienced Marshals and Experts from UAEOFFROADERS, who will ensure your safety whilst you enjoy the beauty of the desert.
- Upon arrival at our destination, its time to sit back, relax and enjoy an atmospheric evening under the stars with friends.
- Date:Friday 19th October 2018
- Meeting Location: TBC
- Drive Duration: Approx 3 hrs
- All trips will be completed by 6pm ( before sunset)
- For those wishing to pray Friday prayer, the starting point is conveniently located close to a mosque.
- Number of cars placement is limited to the support available.
- All participants are requested to show support by wearing something pink.
- Bring your own drinks for the day and food for the BBQ.
- Bring your sense of adventure and humor.
Car/ Driver Requirements*:
- Driver must be licensed to legally drive in the UAE.
- Driver is responsible for the welfare and safety of his/her passengers.
- Driver is responsible for any damage sustained to its vehicle, and caused to others.
- Maximum number of passengers per car is as per the registration, up to a maximum of 5 (4 passengers + 1 driver). Even 7 seater cars should carry only 5 passengers due to weight distribution requirements.
- Each passenger must have it's own working seat belt, and wear it at all times during the trip.
- Children passengers must be securly strapped into car seats appropriate to their size and weight.
- Car must be registered and insured.
- Car must be in good mechanical/working order, please check all fluids(Sufficient Oil, water, brake fluid and fuel levels) before joining the trip.
- Car must have recovery points on both the front and rear.
- Car must have a spare tyre in good condition.
*For reasons of safety, failure to comply with any of the above will result in rejection to participate or ejection from the trip
The Usual UAEOffroaders indemnity applies.
Looking forward to seeing you out there, supporting such a worthy cause!!