Al Ain Information (Where do I get my off-road kit)

Ask questions or share info that applies across makes or models, things of general off-road interest.
Hennie
Rank: Marshal
Location: Al Ain
Posts: 601
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:59 am

Al Ain Information (Where do I get my off-road kit)

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:44 am

Good morning to all of our Al Ain Offroading friends.
As promised, although a bit late here is some basic shopping assistance for the new members from Al Ain. Please note that you do not have to get all of these items, except for recovery points, immediately. It is however advisable that you start looking at some of these items to make sure you have a safer and more enjoyable time offroading.
• Fit recovery points to your vehicle - front AND back:
There are a couple of shops in Sanaiya that can assist you with this. We usually use Merhan, he can fit recovery points and do maintenance and repairs on your vehicle and will be able to direct you to someone if he is not able to assist. These should be bolted on to the chassis, never welded. I have indicated his shop on the Al Ain Sanaiya map.
• Suction cups for the flag
They are available at Zarawani in Sanaiya for around 55 dhs. We use the three cup one as they provide more suction options for curving of windows. They are also available at Dragon Mart for a bit cheaper, around 40 dhs depending on your negotiation skills
• Flag pole
A fishing rod, extendable, will do the trick. There are other options available but the fishing rods are cheap and easy to purchase at Carrefour or Daiso. We recommend at least a 3m long one, although 4m long ensures even better visibility
• Flags
Let your creativity get the better of you. We also have club flags available for sale from Offie on the site.
• Radios
There are so many choices available, you can purchase them at Dragon Mart. I bought my set of Motorola’s for 150 dhs. Please visit our website for more information about them: http://www.uaeoffroaders.com/forumdi...4-and-Off-Road
• Recovery/Snatch Straps
They are more easy to come by in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. If needed you could contact the club management for assistance. In Al Ain the straps are available at ACE. They have the Bushranger Snatch Straps separately or you could get the starter kit with some extra goodies. Please buy one strong enough for your vehicle
• Shackles
DO NOT BUY FROM CARREFOUR. Get some rated good quality ones at ACE. Also look at the rating to get ones strong enough for your car.
• Shovels
Available at ACE but I also found some cheaper folding ones at Daiso
• Jack boards
Really important to get one to put under your jack or else it will disappear into the sand when you are jacking up your vehicle. Suggested size 30cms x 30cms, use a thick chopping board from a gift market or buy a 5-10aed offcut from a carpentry shop in Saniya
• Compressors
Available form ACE, some of them are a bit expensive. It is worth your while to invest in a good quality one, not the small Carrefour ones as this will save you time and effort when you need to inflate.
• Deflators
Available at ACE, currently I see they are sold out. Many choices in the market, please buy a good quality to ensure you have the correct pressure.
• GPS
Many available, I use a small Garmin Nuvi, works ok off-road and on-road. Got mine form Carrefour. More advanced systems are available according to your needs
• General
Club members and management are always available for assistance and may assist you in sourcing the required gear or provide advice of where you could get your gear. There is also a lot of useful information on our website at http://www.uaeoffroaders.com/forumdi...4-and-Off-Road

Enjoy your shopping
Attachments
Al Ain Map.pdf
(134.8 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
--
Hennie
offie
Rank: Marshal
Location: Christchurch New Zealand
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:29 am

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:22 am

nice thread aand well written,

suggestion:::: why not move it to general info and add it in the threads already started,
just my 2 cents worth
--
offie
tintin
Rank: Senior
Location: In my own little world
Posts: 2616
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:58 pm

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:40 am

whereever it goes it should be a sticky. Great info Hennie mate!
--
tintin
Hennie
Rank: Marshal
Location: Al Ain
Posts: 601
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:59 am

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:06 am

offie wrote:nice thread aand well written,

suggestion:::: why not move it to general info and add it in the threads already started,
just my 2 cents worth

No issues, if you guys want to move it feel free, thanks also to Marina for her inputs and editing work on my grammer
--
Hennie
Wasif Ahmed
Rank: Senior
Location: On the verge of Insanity
Posts: 3942
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:41 pm

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:40 am

One piece of advice regarding the air compressor, don't waste your money on the fancy Bushranger or ARB compressors and certainly not the ones from popular supermarket chains.

Instead get this one pictured below. Costs around AED 400 and can fill four tires in 6 minutes flat AND will be ready to do more cars immediatly after.

Availabe in Dubai and at Ramy Trading in Abu Dhabi. Ramy will give our members a good club discount.

I have this pump as do JC and some others and its awsome.
Attachments
compressor.jpg
--
Wasif Ahmed
Ri
Richard Moss
Rank: Junior

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:25 pm

It's worth noting that Mehran can supply a compressors etc.
Ri
Richard Moss
Rank: Junior

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:11 pm

I was in the "Hunter" store near the clock junction the other day and they have some stuff that may be of use. They had a set of automatic deflators for about AED90 for 4 (I think), compressors, camping gear, boots, some (limited) first aid kits and some other odds and ends.

The NAFFCO shop in Sanayia looks like it would be a good source for fire extinguishers (obviously!) and I plan to check it out in the next few days. To get to it, drive down from the Etisalat junction, past all the car dealers and it is quite literally the last building on the left hand side as you run out of road!
Mosalf
Rank: Offroader
Name: Altaf Kadri
Location: Mirdiff
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Thanks
--
Mosalf
Mosalf
Rank: Offroader
Name: Altaf Kadri
Location: Mirdiff
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:16 pm

Wasif Ahmed wrote:One piece of advice regarding the air compressor, don't waste your money on the fancy Bushranger or ARB compressors and certainly not the ones from popular supermarket chains.

Instead get this one pictured below. Costs around AED 400 and can fill four tires in 6 minutes flat AND will be ready to do more cars immediatly after.

Availabe in Dubai and at Ramy Trading in Abu Dhabi. Ramy will give our members a good club discount.

I have this pump as do JC and some others and its awsome.
Thanks Wasif. Needed this information. What make is it?
--
Mosalf
Mosalf
Rank: Offroader
Name: Altaf Kadri
Location: Mirdiff
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Richard Moss wrote:I was in the "Hunter" store near the clock junction the other day and they have some stuff that may be of use. They had a set of automatic deflators for about AED90 for 4 (I think), compressors, camping gear, boots, some (limited) first aid kits and some other odds and ends.

The NAFFCO shop in Sanayia looks like it would be a good source for fire extinguishers (obviously!) and I plan to check it out in the next few days. To get to it, drive down from the Etisalat junction, past all the car dealers and it is quite literally the last building on the left hand side as you run out of road!
Thanks Richard. I will. Be in Al Ain sometime this week. I am looking for good boots for myself.
--
Mosalf

Return to “General 4X4 and Off-Road”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests