Lift for Land Cruiser & bumper

Ask questions or share info that applies across makes or models, things of general off-road interest.
buzzfish

Lift for Land Cruiser & bumper

Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:55 am

Hello

I'm buying a 2008 GXR V8 LC tonight :-).
I want to lift it as it seems v. low to the ground. Any recommendations on type of lift, shop and cost. I live in Al Ain but willing to take it to Dubai or Abu Dhabi for a good work.

Also is it possible to change the bumper, legally?

Thanks
Buzzfish
--
buzzfish
Uncle
Name: Nasser Al Karby

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Check with ARB in Musaffah
--
Uncle
buzzfish

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:05 pm

OK. Thanks.
--
buzzfish
Osprey
Name: Jeff Evans

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:01 pm

Karen - you could try Rami in Sanaya (but I've found them to be pricey) - maybe Hamad (Dadbob) can recommend somewhere to look in Al Ain as he knows good shops. Then there's the inevitable Mehran of course..... I've given up on him as the work, repairs and non-repairs were too variable but others still go there and seem happy.

Congratulations on the purchase by the way, they are fine vehicles - probably the best in fact :whistle:
ScaVenger
Crooked Beard
Name: Saleh Al R

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:32 am

Congrats karen. I would recommend removing the bottom lip off the front bumper, extra piece of bumper and sticking with that. You can put a metal bumper on but officially, they are illegal and police can fine you at anytime for it. Easy solution is just removing the extra piece of front bumper from the original bumper to make some more clearance.
--
SaLeH Al RoMaitHi. AkA ScaVenger
WARNING : Desert Addict, do not feed him any Sand!!! Will bite :twisted: :twisted:

050-3036494
buzzfish

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:05 pm

Thanks Jeff. While I like Mehran, I'd like someone who works more with Cruisers. I'll pm Hamad. I'm thinking of taking a run up to arb in ad to get the shocks.
--
buzzfish
buzzfish

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:09 pm

And Saleh, I've been looking at that lip and wondering about removing it.
I talked on the phone with someone at arb and he said it's a 500aed fine when the police stop you and then the inevitable changing bumpers for inspection ( and something maybe about car jail (?))
I have only taken it for a quick ride in the sand and not tried anything too crazy yet, not like what I did with '96 lx 450 :-)
Schwai schwai
--
buzzfish

Return to “General 4X4 and Off-Road”