lift kit vs full suspension lift

Ask questions or share info that applies across makes or models, things of general off-road interest.
User avatar
Khalil
Rank: Senior
Name: Ahmed khalil
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:00 am

lift kit vs full suspension lift

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:31 am

As am still in junior level i am only interested to lift my car few inches max 3'' or 4'' and i dont want to give up on stability by the end it is still family car so what is better using spacers to lift the car or to change to whole suspension kit
--
Khalil
User avatar
Ahmed-2
Rank: Senior
Name: Ahamed
Posts: 1664
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:06 am

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:44 pm

Khalil wrote:As am still in junior level i am only interested to lift my car few inches max 3'' or 4'' and i dont want to give up on stability by the end it is still family car so what is better using spacers to lift the car or to change to whole suspension kit

Hi ,,

In this level no need to lift the car keep it as it is will be better and more stable.However, from intermediate and above the suitable lift for car is 2" . I suggest to you from my little experience and don't lose your money with sparser go for normal normal lift kit.
--
Ahmed-2
User avatar
Khalil
Rank: Senior
Name: Ahmed khalil
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:00 am

Thanks Ahmed

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:16 pm

thanks for you advise , i installed 4 skid plates for the mean time to cover bumper radiator , engine bay , transmission , and differential case as i broke all stock plastic below :flame: :p ound:
--
Khalil
User avatar
off_road
Founder
Rank: Marshal
Name: سعيد خلفان الهاملي
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:55 pm

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:32 am

Khalil wrote:As am still in junior level i am only interested to lift my car few inches max 3'' or 4'' and i dont want to give up on stability by the end it is still family car so what is better using spacers to lift the car or to change to whole suspension kit
well if this car is the only one you have then just add 1inch spacers since you use it with family. if you go higher then you need to spend alot .
if you are planing to go higher lever drive then i suggest to look to diffrent car to enjoy the hoppy
--
off_road
Uncle
Rank: Marshal
Name: Nasser Al Karby
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 2737
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:24 am

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:55 am

I completely agree with off_road. Since this is a family car, it should only be used on Junior trips. Spacers shall suffice.
--
Uncle
User avatar
Khalil
Rank: Senior
Name: Ahmed khalil
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:00 am

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:49 am

off_road wrote:well if this car is the only one you have then just add 1inch spacers since you use it with family. if you go higher then you need to spend alot .
if you are planing to go higher lever drive then i suggest to look to diffrent car to enjoy the hoppy
thanks for your advise , i will try the car after the skids this weekend in liwa then i will decide whether i will keep it same or i will lift for 1'' or 1.5''
--
Khalil
User avatar
Khalil
Rank: Senior
Name: Ahmed khalil
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:00 am

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:52 am

Uncle wrote:I completely agree with off_road. Since this is a family car, it should only be used on Junior trips. Spacers shall suffice.
Dear Mr. Nasser i agree with you and offroad as i am practicing on junior level now to build enough experience to decide which car i will be going for to meet my needs on road and off road
--
Khalil
Jamal
Rank: Senior
Name: Jamal Suleman
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:31 pm

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Bro first you need to decide how often and how extreme you want to offroad
if you only want to do casual offroading once a month, dont spend too much
if you wanna do it every weekend - there are two options
1) keep your suzuki as a family car and keep one car for offroding only ( used FJ or Jeep wrangler or patrol short wheel base )
2) modify your suzuki and keep this car for on road and offroad

if you decide to keep the suzuki
at junior level there is no need of any modification apart from skid plates
learn the driving skills and the dynamics of your car
lift and wheels (which are the two most important mods) can be done later once you reach higher level drives

if you are worried about your front bumper
you can shave it to increase the approach angle

hope what i said makes sense
and ofcourse talk to the marshals for the best advice
--
White Lion
november
Rank: Junior
Name: Nicola
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: lift kit vs full suspension lift

Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:19 pm

Hello there! I have a similar question and hope to get an answer here.

Shall I go for a spacers lift or 2.5' lift Kit?

My car is a Jeep Wrangler JK 2011 manual, that I use mostly in the city. The car has not been modified, and I have all seasons 285R70 65 tiers that are good enough for now. We go exploring in the weekend (mostly rocky/wadi) and do some junior level trips in the sand, without any ambition to go wild at all.

I have the need to improve a little bit my clearance, especially when going down dunes and steep paths the front of my car tends to scratch the ground.

So, I thought to go for spacers kit but I was not advised to do so as likely the mechanics of my car are a bit old after 9 years (e.g. shocks, springs, etc.) so it would be a bit awkward to combine a new spacers lift with old mechanics. Another argument is that with whatever lift I would not improve a lot the clearance of the central part of the car (indeed I measured my car and a modified car with same wheels to be both 31cm above the ground), and the only way to improve that would be to put larger wheels (e.g. from my current 31'' to 33") that requires 2.5' lift.

Hope to get any piece of advise from more seasoned drivers.

Thanks!
User avatar
Khalil
Rank: Senior
Name: Ahmed khalil
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:00 am

Re: lift kit vs full suspension lift

Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:40 am

november wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:19 pm
Hello there! I have a similar question and hope to get an answer here.

Shall I go for a spacers lift or 2.5' lift Kit?

My car is a Jeep Wrangler JK 2011 manual, that I use mostly in the city. The car has not been modified, and I have all seasons 285R70 65 tiers that are good enough for now. We go exploring in the weekend (mostly rocky/wadi) and do some junior level trips in the sand, without any ambition to go wild at all.

I have the need to improve a little bit my clearance, especially when going down dunes and steep paths the front of my car tends to scratch the ground.

So, I thought to go for spacers kit but I was not advised to do so as likely the mechanics of my car are a bit old after 9 years (e.g. shocks, springs, etc.) so it would be a bit awkward to combine a new spacers lift with old mechanics. Another argument is that with whatever lift I would not improve a lot the clearance of the central part of the car (indeed I measured my car and a modified car with same wheels to be both 31cm above the ground), and the only way to improve that would be to put larger wheels (e.g. from my current 31'' to 33") that requires 2.5' lift.

Hope to get any piece of advise from more seasoned drivers.

Thanks!
Salam Bro
the very first question is what is your budget , if are willing to invest and go in regular offroading go for full lift kit it reliable and comfortable and can handle tougher situations than stock shocks and springs if you wanna go only occasionally and with small budget go for spacers

Return to “General 4X4 and Off-Road”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests