Patrol or FJ

Ask questions or share info that applies across makes or models, things of general off-road interest.
Chris_Wuestenfuchs

Patrol or FJ

Tue May 20, 2014 8:32 pm

Guys, I am standing at a cross-road during my new career of offroading now. I want to sell my 2005 SWB Patrol for a newer car with warranty etc to avoid the uncertainty of repairs and cannot decide between a new / almost new SWB manual Patrol or a fully loaded FJ. I hear a lot that 'the times of the Patrol are gone' and the FJ is a better car but i am not sure. I have driven the FJ on-road and it feels good but I love my Patrol. Can i pls ask you experts to list the pros and cons of both cars? And no, Jeep is not an option, I am done with American cars unless its a Challenger....;-) Many thanks, Chris
--
Chris_Wuestenfuchs
elyassi

Wed May 21, 2014 8:20 am

In this subject each one will advise you with what he love, patrol or FJ.

My advise is a brand new car either patrol or FJ, moreover, if u got the chance to try the FJ in the sand it will be an advantage for you to decide.
--
elyassi
Codger
Name: Andrew

Wed May 21, 2014 10:04 am

To me it's mostly a case of visibility, and I find the FJ is just awkward to drive. The new FJ Extreme 2 has it's mods warranted by Al Futtaim, so it's definitely a bonus.
--
Codger
Mosalf
Name: Altaf Kadri

Wed May 21, 2014 11:26 am

That's a good point Codger. I would say consider all options but yes visibility is a issue the first few times. Once you get the hang of it, you will start enjoy the power available, the on road/Offroad smoothness and of course the dependability of the Toyota make.

In my opinion, both are formidable cars. Kept stock the Nissan is definitely the winner in terms of torque and power.

Then again the FJ will not fail to surprise you. ;)

Mosalf 0566161157
--
Mosalf
KaLeMeRo
Founder & Chairman
Name: Amr altamimi

Tue May 27, 2014 11:58 pm

Well for me i have driven both nissan and fj ...both are good cars but fj has more power than nissan if both r stock nissan SWB wins in terms of size since its small but then the fj has more offroad functionality like the magic Atrac and rear difflocks .. Yeah visibility is an issue for a couple of times but as said once u r used to it u will have fun and again reliability Toyota wins its well none ... And one more thing fj is fun to drive off-roading in summer with ac on with no issues with overheat ... If it was me will go for the fj and advice to go for it
--
KaLeMeRo
Chris_Wuestenfuchs

Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:28 am

Thanks my friends for your valuable advice. And special thanks to kalemero who was my great mentor during my first dessert hours and pop-out.... I will have the whole summer to think abt this now.
--
Chris_Wuestenfuchs
KaLeMeRo
Founder & Chairman
Name: Amr altamimi

Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:03 am

Chris_Wuestenfuchs wrote:Thanks my friends for your valuable advice. And special thanks to kalemero who was my great mentor during my first dessert hours and pop-out.... I will have the whole summer to think abt this now.

upi are most welcome my friend :) its part of the fun and brotherhood to teach and mentor my brothers :)

miss you man yalla come and and play
--
KaLeMeRo
Mosalf
Name: Altaf Kadri

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:18 pm

By the way, the New FJ is a real monster at 381Nm torque and 270hp. It matches the Pentastar and is close to the Nissan SWB at 400Nm torque.

Mosalf 0566161157
--
Mosalf

Return to “General 4X4 and Off-Road”